Penn State has announced that all classes will be held online beginning on March 16 and continuing through Friday, April 3. Visit https://news.psu.edu/ to read a message from Penn State President Eric J. Barron, and to learn more.
Common Referrals Made by Academic Advisers
Advisers are in a key position to refer students to others who can help. Advisers should be observant for signs that a resource may be helpful to a student but should refrain from positing diagnoses or overstepping into counseling roles.
- DUSuccess - A compilation of resources that help a variety of common challenges including academic skills, feeling stressed out, financial difficulties, and help with direction and goals.
- Learning centers provide tutoring and other learning support services to students free of charge
- Student disability resource offices coordinate support services and reasonable academic accommodations to ensure equal access for students with disabilities.
Medical and Behavioral Resources
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) can help students resolve personal concerns that may interfere with academic progress, social development, and satisfaction at Penn State.
- Health services provides specialized outpatient student health services.
- Student Care & Advocacy coordinates help for students who have experienced an event such as hospitalization, medical emergencies or long-term illness, mental health concerns, chronic conditions, death of an immediate family member, food insecurity, housing insecurity, natural disasters, academic distress, or unexpected events or challenges.
- Sokolov-Miller Family Financial and Life Skills Center provides resources to help students make informed decisions regarding their money management.
- Office of the Bursar is responsible for maintaining student accounts pertaining to tuition billing, acceptance fees, charges, payments, posting of financial aid, and refunds of excess funds, when available.
- Office of Student Aid coordinates financial aid and monitors student satisfactory academic performance for students receiving financial aid.
- Career Services assists students and alumni in specifying career goals, expanding knowledge of career alternatives, understanding effective decision making, and acquiring appropriate strategies and skills to carry out the process.
- Global Programs Education Abroad helps students explore and plan for a study abroad experience.
- Student Clubs and Organizations help students get connected, build skills, and pursue an interest.
- Student Engagement Network serves as a clearing house to connect students with a wide variety of experiences.
- Undergraduate Research helps connect students to active learning in the laboratory, library, studio, and field.
- University Fellowships Office helps academically strong students find and apply for relevant fellowships.